History

In November 1885 Alice Bothell saw a need for a church in the Bothell community. She organized a Methodist Church which first met in her in-laws' home, Mr.& Mrs. David Bothell. Construction of the first church building began in 1889 and was located on Main Street in Bothell. The Bothell Methodist Church housed the town's first library and the church bell served as the community's fire alarm.

As the congregation grew, it was decided that a larger building was needed which required a move to West Hill. The current church was consecrated on May 11, 1958 and the education wing was completed and consecrated in 1965. The church continued to grow, requiring a larger sanctuary which was completed in 2001.

Bothell United Methodist Church has a long history of reaching out to those in need. The church helped to organize the Bothell Area Overseas Relief Committee and sent donations to Germany following World War II. BUMC also began and housed the Neighbors in Need food bank which has since become Hopelink. Northshore Baby Corner set up a room in the church in 2007 where needy families can receive clothing, diapers and other items for babies and small children.

In 2009 it was recognized that many in our community are in need of a reliable hot meal and fellowship. Bothell Community Kitchen served its first meal on November 22, 2009 and is supported by many dedicated volunteers.